The good people from Headway Themes have been busy lately. Yesterday they launched their Extend marketplace (offering child themes and extensions) but they also just came out with Headway version 3.2!
What I’m happy to see
- Templates can now be named! Finally. It’s ’bout time.
- TimThumb replaced by the Aqua Resizer Library.
- Various bug fixes. Always good to see bugs squashed.
Since the Headway 3.2 changelog is posted in the Headway support forums, which requires login, I’m reposting it here for easy access:
- Design Mode: The Design Inspector is back!
- Admin: Added the integration of a License key for updates, Headway Extend
- Visual Editor: Added icons to the modes, grid, manage, design
- Templates: Added basic Naming—only on new templates
- Thumbnails: Replaced TimThumb in favor of the new Aqua Resizer Library
- General: Added PHP 5.4 compatibility
- Content Block: Added basic table styling
- APIs: Added the ability to lock gutter and column widths via filters
- APIs: Added a filter to integrate a custom thumbnail system or even bypass the Headway thumbnail system all together
- Made the cached file names a little more informative instead of a long ID
- Content Block: Set the query filters tab in the content block to show conditionally depending on the mode
- Content Block: Removed %edit% variable from post meta
- Media Uploader is now working again (WP 3.4 update broke this)
- Visual Editor Search is working again
- %title% in SEO areas now gets properly rendered
- Author Archive and Post Type Archive titles are now fixed
- Properly escaped characters in SEO settings
- Removed a deprecated get_themes() notice and started using wp_get_themes() instead
- Fixed an issue with the box shadow not working properly
- Fixed gzip compression